OTTAWA—For the first time ever, the World Duathlon Championships are biking, and running into the country’s capital city with the announcement that Ottawa will host the major international duathlon festival, August 8-11.
With Parliament Hill serving as the backdrop, the first major international multi-sport event to be held in Ottawa’s downtown core will welcome more than 1000 athletes representing 40 countries in under-23, junior, paraduathlon, and age group racing.
The standard duathlon consists of a 10-kilometre run, a 40-kilometre bike leg, followed by a five-kilometre run. the sprint duathlon is half the distance of a standard race.
Canadian athletes looking to compete at the World Duathlon Championships, who were not able to compete in a qualifying event, can apply for a spot via “special application.”
To register for your spot now, click HERE or visit www.triathloncanada.com and select the World Championship Registration link (second from the bottom).
When registering, please note the following:
- Athletes must be a member of their local triathlon PGB at the time of registration
- Athletes are expected to arrive in Ottawa no later than the evening of Wednesday, August 7th or morning of Thursday, August 8th 2013
- Upon registration completion, please forward your duathlon/running/cycling race resume to Joyce Chiang, email@example.com.
- A $150 non-refundable Special Application fee applies
- Deadline to apply is Dec. 31st, 2012
Any registration issues can be directed to Julie Keown, firstname.lastname@example.org or 416.426.7180.
Triathlon Canada will continue to provide more information on the international spectacle on its web site at www.triathloncanada.com.
Triathlon Canada is the governing body for triathlon in the country. Recognized as an Olympic medal sport since 2000, Triathlon Canada’s mandate is to promote, foster, organize and develop the sport of triathlon, and its related disciplines, in Canada. For more information on Triathlon Canada, please visit us at www.triathloncanada.com on the Internet.