At its 2013 AGM, Triathlon Canada discussed the need for an essential link between the national Paratriathlon strategies and the provinces. Newfoundland will designate a provincial representative who will be the primary contact for Paratriathlon initiatives (from the club level up to High Performance). This is critical for growth, increased communication, and more aligned strategies across Canada to make our sport more accessible to diverse abilities.
Key Role & Responsibilities:
- Primary provincial contact for dissemination of 2-way information relating to Paratriathlon initiatives from Triathlon Canada -> TriNL and TriNL -> Triathlon Canada;
- Communication lead for your region;
- Attend virtual meetings held 2 - 3 times per year or as required;
Personal and Professional Qualities:
- Passionate partner with the desire to grow opportunities in your region for athletes with disabilities;
- Open to learning and exploring new technical/social territory (*needn't be a para sport expert);
- Good communicator and willingness to act as a developer and advocate in your region.
The deadline for the designation of this contact person is February 15, 2014. If you are interested in this unique position, please respond to firstname.lastname@example.org.