Open Registration to Represent Canada at the ITU Multisport World Championships!
On November 15th 9am PST Triathlon Canada is opening registration for the ITU Multisport World Championships to all triathletes! This registration is for first time applicants only. All athletes who represent Canada at Age-Group World Championships must:
- Have an annual membership and be in good standing with a Provincial Sport Organization for Triathlon in 2016. You must also be a member in 2017 to compete.
- Be in good standing with Triathlon Canada throughout the year.
- Be a Canadian Citizen or Canadian Permanent Resident
- Sign the current year’s athlete agreement.
- Complete a race of equal or greater distance in the discipline which they wish to represent Canada at the ITU World Championship. Athletes may qualify for long distance triathlon using a half distance triathlon or greater. The race must be completed in the qualification year (e.g., Complete a race in 2016 for the 2017 World Championship).
Check the News Release at www.triathloncanada.com for Stage 3 Registration on November 15th 9am PST for the link to claim your spot on Team Canada!
If you did not complete a race in 2016 in the discipline with which you wish to represent Canada due to injury or have an extenuating circumstance, you are welcome to apply. You must however, contact Tenille Hoogland attenille.hoogland@
triathloncanada.com and provide a race resume.
Note: If you did not complete a Provincially Sanctioned Race or only raced abroad your team fee will be $500.00 (team fee included). This fee is to strongly encourage athletes to support and compete at provincially sanctioned events in Canada thereby supporting the development of triathlon and multisport in Canada.
All athletes that are currently registered and wish to add an additional event to their registration may do so on. There will be no limitations to the number of events that athletes may register provided that they meet the eligibility criteria. All registrations will be complete by January 31st, 2017
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.
Tenille Hoogland I National and International Sport Development Manager / gestionnaire du développement national et international du sport
Email /courriel: tenille.hoogland@
Work / bureau:250-412-1795