TriNL is pleased to announce the RESULTS of the 2015 TriNL Points Series and would like to offer a special congratulations to the winners of the 2015 Points Series:
Female: Sue Rogers
Male: Ben Haley
Age Group winners:
0-19 Olivia Smith
20-29 Alanna Weldon
30-39 Megan Maloney
40-49 Sue Rodgers
50-59 Donna Ballard
60+ Linda Hensman
0-19 Felix Marino
20-29 Ben Haley
30-39 Pat Collins
40-49 Jim Gosse
50-59 Gord Dorman
60+ Kevin Flynn
Again in 2016, the Awards will be presented based on total points awarded, mainly for race participation, but also for race performance and volunteer work for TriNL and/or Triathlon Races. Date and location to be announced!
To be eligible for the TriNL Points Series, the triathlete must be a current member in good standing of Triathlon NL.
Triathletes can earn points in 3 categories: 1) Participation, 2) Performance and 3) Volunteer Work.
Completion of any of the following sanctioned TriNL events will earn the triathlete points. The location of the event determines the number of points awarded.
- Carbonear Sprint Triathlon: 200pts
- Corner Brook Sprint or Olympic Triathlon: 200pts
- Paradise Sprint or Olympic Triathlon: 100pts
- St. John's Sprint or Olympic Triathlon: 100pts
Points for performance will be determined for each triathlete after every triathlon using the formula below:
Points earned = (winning time / athlete's time) * 100
Performance points will be calculated for two categories:
- Overall Points - at the end of the series, there will be an overall male and female total points winner.
- Age Group Points - at the end of the series, there will be an overall male and female total points winner in each of the following age-groups:
- 19 and under
- 20 to 29
- 30 to 39
- 40 to 49
- 50 to 59
- 60 & over
3. Volunteer Work
A one-time 100 points for volunteer work within 2015 will be awarded based on one only of the following categories:
- Serving on the TriNL Board of Directors
- Serving on a TriNL Committee
- Serving as a TriNL-sanctioned Race Director
- Volunteering at a TriNL-sanctioned Race (must be verified by Race Director and submitted to TriNL by athlete)
When points for participation and performance are tallied, there will be:
- 2 Top Points Awards for the male and female with most overall points based on overall performance
- 12 Top Age Group Points Awards for the male and female in respective age-groups with most points in their respective age-group rankings.