TriNL is pleased to announce the RESULTS of the 2016 TriNL Points Series awill be announced March 24th! We would like to offer a special congratulations to the winners of the 2016 Points Series!
Date March 24th 7:30pm at Gov'nor's Pub.
To be eligible for the TriNL Points Series, the triathlete must be a current member in good standing of Triathlon NL.
Triathletes can earn points in 2 categories: 1) Participation and 2) Performance.
Completion of any of the following sanctioned TriNL events will earn the triathlete points. The location of the event determines the number of points awarded.
- Carbonear Sprint Triathlon: 200pts
- Corner Brook Sprint or Olympic Triathlon: 200pts
- Paradise Sprint or Olympic Triathlon: 100pts
- St. John's Sprint or Olympic Triathlon: 100pts
- Gander Sprint or Olympic Triathlon: 100pts
Points for performance will be determined for each triathlete after every triathlon using the formula below:
Points earned = Winner Final Time/Racer A Final Time) x 100
Performance points will be calculated for two categories:
- Overall Points - at the end of the series, there will be an overall male and female total points winner.
- Age Group Points - at the end of the series, there will be an overall male and female total points winner in each of the following age-groups:
- 19 and under
- 20 to 29
- 30 to 39
- 40 to 49
- 50 to 59
- 60 & over
When points for participation and performance are tallied, there will be:
- 2 Top Points Awards for the male and female with most overall points based on overall performance
- 12 Top Age Group Points Awards for the male and female in respective age-groups with most points in their respective age-group rankings.