To be eligible for the TriNL Points Series, a triathlete must be a current annual member in good standing with TriNL. Triathletes can earn points in 2 categories: Participation and Performance.
Completion of any of the following sanctioned TriNL events will earn the triathlete points. The location of the event determines the number of points awarded.
- 200pts: Carbonear Sprint Triathlon
- 200pts: Corner Brook Strides Triathlon
- 200pts: Corner Brook Sprint or Standard Triathlon
- 100pts: Paradise Sprint or Standard Triathlon
- 100pts: John’s Sprint or Standard Triathlon
- 200pts: Gander Sprint or Standard Triathlon
Points for performance will be determined for each triathlete after every triathlon using the formula below:
Points Earned = (Racer Final Time / Winner Final Time) x 100
Performance points will be calculated for two categories:
- Overall Points – calculated based on overall times for men and overall times for women.
- Age Group Points – calculated on times within age group for men, and times within age group for women, in each of the following age-groups:
- 19 and under
- 20 to 29
- 30 to 39
- 40 to 49
- 50 to 59
- 60 & over
When points for participation and performance are combined, there will be:
- 2 Top Points Awards for the male and female with most overall points based on overall performance.
- 12 Top Age Group Points Awards for the male and female in respective age-groups with most points in their respective age-group rankings.
For a profile of the overall male and female winners from 2017, click here.
2017 Point Series Results
TriNL presented the point series awards for the 2017 season at the End-of-Season social event on November 11, held at Quidi Vidi Brewery. Congratulations to the winners and all participants!
Triathlon Newfoundland and Labrador. We can. We will.