TriNL Seeking Student for Summer
TriNL has received some funding under the Canada Summer Jobs Program and is seeking a post-secondary student to assist with event promotion and execution for the summer, as described below:
Summer Job Opportunity: TriNL Event Promotion & Support
Triathlon Newfoundland and Labrador, based in St. John’s, is looking for a summer student to help with the promotion of triathlon in Newfoundland and Labrador.
The successful applicant will assist in the development and execution of TriNL events and activities by:
- Assisting event organizers in the planning and execution of their events
- Promoting triathlon events, athletes, and triathlon in general through use of social media, email, the website, and other communications channels.
The ideal candidate is a good communicator, has knowledge of triathlon/road races, and enjoys working outdoors. The position requires good organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work independently and in small groups.
This job will require evening and weekend work, as well as working from home. A driver’s license and access to a vehicle is required. There is a possibility of travel to triathlon events in Carbonear, Gander, and Corner Brook.
- Interviewing athletes, organizers, and volunteers, and writing digital stories
- Updating our social media posts about events and athletes in the province
- Liaising with race directors and race officials and assisting in the planning and execution of their events
- Other duties as assigned
- Was registered as a full-time secondary or post-secondary student in the previous academic year, and intends to return to full-time school in the next academic year
- Strong writing skills in English
- Strong analytical and web research skills
- Proficiency using social media, e-mail, Word, Excel, WordPress, and Mail Chimp
- Excellent attention to detail
- Able to work with small teams and independently, with little supervision
The position is 8 to 10 weeks, June – August 31st 2018.
Applicants should send their résumés to:
Executive Director, Triathlon NL